Offsite Document Storage Solutions in Birmingham
Are you running out of room to store your documents, would like to free up some space or worried about document security and preservation?
Storage Wizard has you covered with everything from document storage to destruction. Our document storage services let you breathe easier knowing your paper files are secure, while giving you more room around the office.
Sooner or later every business tackles the problem of storing documents. Our storage units, suited to the task, provide a solution to that problem by keeping your records safe and accessible. Office space is expensive, and best used to grow your business. Have us collect your storage burden so that you can focus on doing just that, saving valuable time.
Compliance around data and storage is getting stricter every year. Most recently the GDPR looks set to make it even more difficult for UK businesses to keep documents. So as you need more options for document management you can rely on Storage Wizard to hold all that paperwork for you.
We provide secure off-site document storage in our recently established modern facility and help your business free up valuable office space and provide security for your documents. Store your records with us for as long as you decide. Our facilities are monitored 24/7 with CCTV and protected with robust security measures.
With something as important as security trust is essential and we live by our reputation. We guarantee the safety of your documents and do not outsource any of our processes.
We don’t consider our job to be done once your documents are in storage. We maintain storage unit conditions and preserve your paper files.
- Secure steel doors on each storage unit
- Motion detectors
- Secure keypad and pin code for each unit
- Electric gates
- Secure loading and unloading areas
- Fire detection and suppression technology
We collect the documents from your office so that you don’t have to do a thing. Come by anytime to check on your documents, we will even send you a picture of them once they are in storage for that extra reassurance.
Our collection team can pick up your documents and files from anywhere within the Birmingham and West Midlands region.
What can off-site document storage do for you?
There are a number of benefits
- More office space – Finally! No more clutter and more room to move. What would you do with all that extra space?
- Security – You no longer have to rely on locked offices and filing cabinets or worry about loss or damage
- Access 24/7 – Your records are never out of reach
- Save money – Use your office space more cost efficiently and save on buying extra filing cabinets
Storage Wizard can supply you with storage boxes suitable for packing document archives and even deliver them to you when we come to collect that which you allocate for storage. These boxes are durable, protect from environmental effects and can accommodate all types of files.
You can use your own storage boxes if you wish, though we do advise that you use boxes suitable to storing paper files. You want the records to be supported within the box, not allowing loose sheets to move around.
These sensitive records which hold details of mortgages are now hosted online by the Land Registry. However the original documents still have a lot of value both from a legal and personal perspective making secure storage a must.
Finance and Accounting
If you are governed by the FSA (Financial Standards Authority) then you must keep copies of certain financial documents for a number of years. The inevitable clutter that this causes can leave you worrying about confidentiality, security and storage. That is where Storage Wizard comes in. We can secure these for you at our new facility in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham.
If your records have reached the end of their shelf life you will probably want to dispose of them. We can shred and safely dispose of your paper files bringing your storage costs down and giving you peace of mind, helping you to achieve Data Protection Act compliance.
Destroy your unwanted or duplicate data and avoid fines of up to £500k. With the introduction of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) it is more important than ever to ensure compliancy.
Tips for document storage
- Label your boxes – We know, this sounds a little obvious to be a tip. But you would be surprised how often we see this overlooked.
- Categorise your files – You may be tempted to put two unrelated sets of documents in one box to save space. But think about how long it will take you to find specific files.
- Create an index – An index sheet helps you to find files easily, just make a copy. If you use an excel spreadsheet then backup your data.
- Keep shredding in mind – Keep your files in groups that can be destroyed together and save a lot of time down the road.
- Don’t pack too much – Keep your boxes light and make it easier for your future self.
- Be equipped – Use appropriate packing materials. Just ask our staff and they will give you what you need.
- Get insurance – Bespoke insurance solutions to protect your documents can give you that added security.